If you’ve spent a summer in Canada, then you know the powerful pull of a great Canadian staple: the patio. From private, tucked away nooks, to main street seats, waterfront vistas or a simple slice of shade, patios come in all shapes and sizes. Each offers something special; an amazing outdoor experience.
The eclectic mix of patios in Durham Region will not disappoint, especially in our downtowns, where after-dinner strolls, sweet treats, and window shopping can round out a perfectly Canadian summer day.
There are so many amazing patios across Durham Region to visit. Explore the whole region in our Tourism directory! But for now, we’ve narrowed it down to 14 distinct Durham Region downtown dining experiences to create your summer patio bucket list.
1. Downtown Ajax: Drums and Flats
Source: Drums and Flats
2. Downtown Beaverton: Barney’s
3. Downtown Bowmanville: Starapples
Source: Starapples Facebook page
4. Downtown Brooklin: Corrado’s Restaurant and Bar
5. Downtown Newcastle: The Old Newcastle House Taps & Grill
6. Downtown Newcastle: Newcastle Griddle
Source: Newcastle Griddle
7. Downtown Oshawa: Berry Hill Food Co.
8. Pickering Nautical Village: PORT
9. Pickering Village: Casa Verde
Source: Don Terry
10. Downtown Port Perry: The Piano Café
Source: The Piano Café
11. Downtown Uxbridge: Wixan’s Bridge
12. Downtown Uxbridge: Urban Pantry
Source: Urban Pantry Facebook page
13. Downtown Whitby: The Pearson Pub
Source: The Pearson Pub Facebook page
14. Downtown Whitby: Brock St. Brewing Co.
Source: Durham Tourism