Durham Region is experiencing a time of rapid growth.
The population in Durham Region will grow from nearly 700,000 to 1,300,000 by 2051, and with that comes change, intensification, and opportunity.
Downtown and main street areas are places where people come together; for a common purpose, for the arts, to experience culture, to meet for business, and to visit institutions. They are critical to the livability of our larger urban and suburban communities.
We’re seeing momentum in entrepreneurial expression across the region, but especially in our downtowns. In the centre of our communities is where you’ll find makers’ and farmers’ markets, a huge variety of restaurants, coffee roasteries, gaming cafes and barber shops. You’ll also find co-working spaces, our regional tech innovation centre, our tech accelerator, and shared studio spaces.
Our downtowns are evolving as residential development quickens. Buildings are being revitalized and public spaces re-envisioned. Cultural plans are helping to build on our existing assets. And the passion of residents, entrepreneurs, artists, musicians, foodies and community leaders are driving transformation.
Durham Region’s downtowns are already ideal locales for small independent businesses and storefronts, innovative tech companies and start-ups. As recovery progresses and intensification quickens, our downtowns are re-emerging as highly livable, accessible, and complete communities.
Contact us to find office space for your growing business on our main streets, in our downtowns, or in the nearby surrounding areas.
Downtowns of Durham – Office Value Proposition
- 14 Downtowns and Main Street Areas await your business
- 3 Post-Secondary Schools are graduating the talent you need
- On-demand public transportation connects all of Durham Region
- GO Train from Union Station with stops in Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa and GO Bus continuing east, GO Train East
- Extension will soon connect Union Station to Bowmanville
- High livability in our downtowns near to sprawling outdoor adventure
Getting here by car
- Union Station to Pickering Nautical Village, Pickering Village, or Downtown Ajax – 55m
- Union Station to Downtown Whitby or Oshawa – 1hr
- Union Station to Downtown Uxbridge, Brooklin, or Port Perry – 1hr 10m
- Union Station to Downtown Bowmanville, Newcastle or Orono – 1hr 15m
- Union Station to Sunderland, Cannington, Beaverton – 1hr 30m
Our downtowns are evolving as residential development quickens. Buildings are being revitalized and public spaces re-envisioned. Cultural plans are helping to build on our existing assets.