You’ve asked and we’ve delivered. Well, not really delivered in the traditional sense as we’re not driving to your place with a hot, fresh pizza. But, we’re getting you started on finding your new favourite pizza in Durham Region’s downtowns. Whether you like it saucy, meaty, gluten- or dairy-free, plant-based or halal, there are endless options to add to your pizza bucket list.
But, pizza is personal. So, we’d love to hear from you on your favourite Durham Region pizza. Tag us @DurhamTourism in your social posts so we can follow along on your delicious adventures.
While discovering Durham Region’s downtowns, check out the Give your home a glow up! 47 downtown home decor shops in Durham Region for suggestions on nearby shops to explore.
Halal = 🧡
Dill Burger pizza, Roselina’s, Newcastle
- Roselina’s Pizzeria 🌿 🌾 – You can’t visit without trying the Dill Burger pizza, with burger sauce base, ground beef, onion and pickles, topped with a drizzle of burger sauce and sesame seeds. They also offer vegan dough, vegan cheese and gluten free dough.
- Papa Enrico’s Pizza 🌾 – Try the Poutine Pizza, with mozzarella cheese, crispy fries, creamy gravy and more mozzarella cheese.
Pickering Nautical Village
- PORT – Enjoy a wood oven Ezzo Pepperoni pizza, with pepperoni cups, mozzarella, parmigiano-reggiano, pomodoro sauce, garlic oil and marjoram (a sweet herb with sweet pine and citrus flavours).
Thee G.O.A.T Pizza, 99 King, Bowmanville
Source: 99 King
- 99 King – Try Thee G.O.A.T pizza featuring goat cheese, caramelized onions, roasted garlic and olive oil, finished with a balsamic glaze “sans sauce.”
- Endivine – Dig into the Funge Pizza with mozzarella cheese, bocconcini, mixed mushrooms, truffle oil and tomato sauce.
- Nutrition Kitchen 🌿 – Find grain-free, keto and vegan pizza with coconut cheese and tomato sauce and customizable toppings.
Honourable mention: Though it’s just outside the downtown area, Junior’s Handmade Sourdough Pizza is a delicious destination. Must try: their Dill Pickle pizza.
- Baldwin Bistro 🌾 – Build your own pizza, with gluten-free options available.
- Corrado’s Restaurant and Bar 🌾 – Try the Don Corrado, a white pizza with roasted garlic, crumbled sausages, potatoes, bacon and parmigiano-reggiano.
- Michael Kelly’s 🌾 – Enjoy the House Combo on their freshly made crust, featuring pepperoni, salami, mushroom, tomato, onion, green pepper and bacon.
Downtown Port Perry
- Jester’s Court 🌾 – Try their Chicken Pesto pizza, available on thin or gluten-free crust, featuring chicken, artichokes, peppers and red onion.
Pera Pizza, Twisted Pizzeria, Orono
Source: Twisted Pizzeria
- Twisted Pizzeria – If you’re looking to try something sweet, try the Pera pizza which has pear, walnuts, Gorgonzola, mozzarella, honey and garlic olive oil sauce.
- Crusty Pizza – For something a little different, try their panzerotto, with your choice of toppings.
- Pirate’s Pizza of Beaverton – All the locals know to call ahead to order The Hook, a pepperoni, mushroom and bacon pizza with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
Philly Cheese Steak Pizza, Al Baik Pizza and Broast
- Al Baik Pizza and Broast 🧡 – With lots of halal options, you’ll want to dig into the Philly Steak pizza, loaded with Philly steak, mushroom, onions and green peppers.
- Bon Select Bistro – Enjoy a Caprese pizza with mozzarella, cherry tomato, bocconici, garlic and arugula.
- Crusty Pizza – For something a little different, try their panzerotto with your choice of toppings.
- Two Brothers Pizza – Try their Taco pizza which has onion, green peppers, taco meat, tomatoes, mixed cheese and is topped with Doritos and taco sauce, served with sour cream and salsa on the side.
Roadrunner Pizza, Tuscan Wolfe, Whitby
Source: Tuscan Wolfe
- Navona Pizzeria 🌾 – Enjoy one of their gourmet pizzas like the Greek pizza with grilled chicken, sliced tomatoes, red onions, kalamata olives, feta cheese and oregano.
- Pizza Cuisine 🌾 – Build your own pizza or top one of their gluten-free crusts with a large selection of fresh toppings.
- Tap and Tankard – Dig into a thin crust pizza like The ‘Joe’, with double cheese, pepperoni, green olives, bacon and red onion.
- Tuscan Wolf Pizzeria 🌾 – With more than 100 different types of pizza, you’ll have to work your way through the menu to find your favourite.
- Vegan Delights by Lisa Ann 🌿 – Try their Veggie pizza, a whole wheat, stuffed crust veggie pizza with vegan cheese and your choice of three toppings. Call ahead to check availability and hours.
- The Hunt Street Tap & Grill – Build your own pizza with a choice of fresh toppings.
Plant-based vegan pizza, Fig Kitchen and Market, Uxbridge
Source: Fig Kitchen and Market
- Annina’s Bakeshop and Cafe – Enjoy the Montreal Chicken pizza, with smoked Montreal brisket, free-range grilled chicken, sautéed mushrooms, onion, mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce and house mayo drizzled on top.
- Fig Kitchen & Market 🌾 – Try the vegan, plant-based Buffalo Cauliflower pizza, a barbecue garlic base topped with mozzarella, red onion, crispy buffalo cauliflower and drizzled with house dill buffalo sauce.
- The Corner House Pub & Grill – Made on homemade pizza dough, try the Chipotle Chicken Pizza with zesty tomato, chipotle sauce, fried chicken, mozzarella and goat cheese.
- Wixan’s Bridge – Dig into a Curry pizza with chicken, tomato, onion, mozzarella cheese and curry sauce.
Berry Hill Food Co., Oshawa
Source: Berry Hill Food Co.
- Avanti Trattoria – Offering wood oven baked pizza with fresh ingredients, try the Capricciosa Pizza, featuring Italian ham, olives, mushrooms, artichokes, mozzarella and tomato sauce.
- Berry Hill Food Co. 🌿 – Try their Pesto Rosso Vegan pizza with soy ricotta, sun-dried tomato, almond pesto, arugula, grilled onion and cremini mushrooms.
- Pizza Munno – If you like spicy, try the Morricone pizza, with a barbecue sauce base, mozzarella, fresh bacon, oven roasted chicken, red onions and fresh sliced jalapeno peppers. Available by the slice or a whole pie.
- Portobello Road 🌿 – Plant-based vegan pizza made on a sourdough crust. Check their website for information on weekly pizza varieties with locally sourced toppings.
- The Stag’s Head Pub and Grill – Build your own pizza with a selection of fresh toppings.